The Wendigo and the Butterfly

 


The Wendigo and the Butterfly

Original poem by Lexi Hux


The Wendigo and the Butterfly,

Ne'er see quite eye-to-eye.

The Wendigo rules the dark and cold,

Whalist flowers were his rival's bly.


Then one day, the Butterfly came, and dared to ask the beast,

"I challenge you to a game of wits, of but the least,

and if I win, my kingdom shall grow to cover your forest, 

But if I lose, thou's empire shall increase."


The Wendigo chuckled, and he agreed,

"And thus the challenge shall begin, I'll certainly win indeed, 

My forest will grow to cover your flowers,

and that will be guaranteed!"


And the Butterfly and the Wendigo began to talk amongst each other,

 and with each breath they tried to stump the other.

Riddles, puzzles, quizzes and more,

This seemed harder than he'd originally thought, the Butterfly began to discov’r.


“One last time!” The Wendigo called, 

“Your difficulty beating me leaves me appalled!”

The Butterfly laughed, he had a trick for his rival,

Quickly into the Wendigo’s nose he crawled.


“You’re certainly brave, my small foe,

But do you really believe you can outsmart a Wendigo?”

The Butterfly grimaced and asked his final question,

“What does a flower smell like? You must certainly know.”


The Wendigo stopped, he had no clue.

“And how would you feel if I’d show you?”

The Butterfly dared to ask with a smile.

And that’s the last anyone’s heard of the two.


Apparently beyond the forest and the moors,

The Butterfly and Wendigo’s friendship endures.

May the unlikely pair be a lesson to you,

Take a second to be kind to your enemy, and they might even become a friend of yours.

Comments

Popular Posts